Serving Southeastern Kentucky Since 1930
Jackson Energy was incorporated as Jackson County Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation on July 28, 1938, and has been providing the technology and infrastructure to Southeastern Kentucky for 70 years.
From 380 members in 1939, Jackson Energy has grown with the region it serves. By 1971, there were 21,042 members served by 3,594 miles of electric line. That total doubled in again by 1996 to 43,500 members and 5,081 miles of line.
To reflect the growth and development of the co-op and the region, the name of the company was changed to Jackson Energy Cooperative in June 1997. In March 1998, Jackson Energy was among the first cooperatives in the country to become a Touchstone Energy Partner, a national branding program promoting local electric cooperatives. Today, the cooperative serves over 51,000 members.
|©Copyright 2013, Jackson Energy Cooperative Corporation | All Rights Reserved|