Our Commitment to Privacy
At Jackson Energy, confidentiality is very important to us. As we continue to improve and expand our services and delivery channels, we recognize our members’ need and desire to preserve their privacy and confidentiality. Jackson Energy recognizes the trust you have placed in us and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customer’s information. The following policy affirms our continued commitment to preserving member confidentiality.
The Information We Collect
We receive and retain information about our members through many sources:
· Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
· Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and
· Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
The Way We Use Information
We limit the use and collection of nonpublic personal information to that which is necessary to maintain and administer financial services. We do not share this information with outside parties unless:
· The information is provided to help complete a member initiated transaction (such as credit reporting agencies, document processing companies, etc.);
· The customer has requested it;
· The disclosure is required by law (e.g., subpoena, investigation of fraudulent activity, etc.); or
· The disclosure is required by banking regulation (e.g., Fair Lending Reporting Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act).
When member information is provided to any of the third parties mentioned above, that third party must agree to adhere to privacy principles that provide for keeping such information confidential.
Limiting Employee Access to Information
Jackson Energy limits employee access to member information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. All of our employees are educated on the importance of confidentiality and member privacy. Any employee that violates the financial privacy of our customers will be subject to appropriate disciplinary measures and possible termination.
Protection on Information via Established Security Procedures
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
Maintaining Accurate Information
We have established procedures so that our members’ financial information is accurate, current and complete in accordance with reasonable commercial standards. Jackson Energy will respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
At Jackson Energy, we value our member relationships. We want you to understand how we use the information you provide and our commitment to ensuring your personal privacy. If you have any questions about how Jackson Energy protects your information, please contact us at 800-262-7480.